SWG Hitmen Inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Producer Note: April 3rd, 2009

Go down

Producer Note: April 3rd, 2009 Empty Producer Note: April 3rd, 2009

Post  Q'in Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:17 pm

Greetings illustrious players, it’s Dotanuki time!

Thank you for all the nice comments on the April Fool’s event. That was a last minute brainchild of Adeptstain and Loche and we were really pleased by all the feedback. Loche and I even went out to the Naboo location in the middle of the day and helped a group of folks take down a few of those pesky broken toys. It was a great to see a lot of people who had already received the title hanging out helping other players get it too. We had a really good time with everyone. Luckily, Dr. Fool’s toys have been contained (for the time being) thanks to the citizens of the galaxy and things are back to normal.

“That’s great, Dotanuki, but what other exciting things are happening around the galaxy?”

At the top of the “new and exciting” list is the upcoming release of Update 9. This hit Test Center last Tuesday so please check it out if you want an early sneak peek. By now people have realized that the feature of the large house I teased about in a couple posts last month is a deck at the top of the building that can be decorated. The artists did a really nice job looking at the player request and doing whatever they could to fulfill them.

Producer Note: April 3rd, 2009 Deck

We have heard the early feedback that you would like a simplified means of packing/unpacking/positioning the items in your existing structure(s) to make moving into your new house a bit more convenient. See topic here…
http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/...topic_id=891274

We are still exploring options that will allow players to retain the positioning of their décor. This will take the interior decorator work out of moving from a small Naboo house to a small Naboo house with windows (that can be colored). We will try to get something in their to ease the packing/unpacking process as well but that is a lot more complicated and may not make the release. Even if you do have to pack and move your stuff manually, at least you won’t get the backache you’d get from moving all your stuff in real life.

While we’re on the subject of structures, have you ever been playing and wondered, “What the heck did I do with [insert item name here]?” With the introduction of Update 9 your structure terminal will receive a powerful “find item” tool that will allow you to list the contents of your structure and bring any of those items to yourself instantly. Of course, if you’re the type of person who plays and wonders, “Where the heck did I place my [insert structure name here]?” you’ll always have the /findstructure command to fall back on.

Other features found in Update 9 include expanded palettes for select clothing, improved food buffs, and changes to some of the “lesser used (starship) chassis”.

“So, Dotanuki”, you may ask, “What is in store for us with Update 10?”

I’m happy to announce that Update 10 will be the PvP update mentioned in my last Producer Note. This update will feature a handful of new battlefields across the galaxy that you can use to wage war on other players of the opposite faction. Battles will be timed and the number of participants limited. Players (and groups) will be able to queue up for these battlefields from anywhere in the galaxy and will be “called” when the battlefield is ready for them to begin. Per usual, the details are subject to change.

Participation on each of these battlefields will yield some really excellent rewards. We will be introducing two new armor sets; one Rebel and one Imperial. Here’s a glimpse at the Rebel SpecForce armor that will be one of the incentives for taking part in these PvP battles.

Producer Note: April 3rd, 2009 Specarmor

The best part is that both of these armor sets will work for all species in the game and will be fully deconstructable so that improved versions may be crafted.

Furthermore, we have an entire new suite of weapons available as rewards for battlefield participants. Want to swing around a MagnaGuard staff around? That’s your new polearm. How about wielding a WESTAR-34? That’s your new blaster pistol. The update will also feature a new rifle, carbine, heavy weapon, sword, two-handed sword, knuckler, and lightsaber hilt. As with the armor, all will be deconstructable.

“That’s awesome, Dotanuki! What’s going to happen after Update 10?”

Information beyond Update 10 is still being kept close to the vest. In June we have some preliminary plans in place for Empire Day. It will be a more interactive event than it was last year and the interactivity will likely be GCW based. More information will be revealed next month.

Additionally, for all the Droid Engineers out there, we hear you. Droid Engineers will receive an update this year but that’s the only information I have to share at this time.

Finally, Fan Faire will return to Las Vegas from June 25th through June 28th; this time at Bally’s. You can expect announcements for what to expect beyond June at the event. I’m looking forward to seeing everyone there!

-Dotanuki
Q'in
Q'in
Admin
Admin

Main character info
Profession: Commando
CL: 90
Pilot: Rebel Ace Pilot

https://www.facebook.com/people/Torben_Herold/1623902450

Back to top Go down