SWG Hitmen Inc.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Producer’s Note – September 2009

Go down

Producer’s Note – September 2009 Empty Producer’s Note – September 2009

Post  Q'in Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:55 am

Producer’s Note – September 2009 7-newsIcons

The team is working hard on some great stuff. We are really focused on getting Chronicles out to public testing as soon as we can.

Update 13 – Star Wars Chronicles

Chronicles continues to shape up well. Many of the game play systems are in place. We are continuing to play test and balance them. As detailed in our last Friday Feature, a full featured attribute search engine was added to the Bazaar. Directly from player’s feedback on the feature we have made the following changes,

1. Increase bazaar buy now limit to 10,000,000.
  2. Increase vendor price limit to 833,333,333. This is because there can be up to a 20% tax. There is an inherent 1 billion credit limit for all money transactions.
  3. Implement Galactic Reserve feature where you can store up to 3 billion credits in “long term” storage. From the banking terminal, you can choose to deposit 1 billion credits from your current cash/bank into the reserve. The reserve can hold up to 3 billion credits per character. There is no interest paid on credits kept in the Galactic Reserve. And choose to withdraw 1 billion credits from the reserve into your current cash/bank, if you currently have room in your cash/bank to receive the 1 billion credits. There will be a 15 minutes wait before you can make another transaction (either deposit or withdrawal) with the Galactic Reserve.
Ever wonder what it’s like to be a Chronicle relic? Well Fiasco gave me permission to post a piece of the system design so you can find out.

LINK TO IMAGE*

Last month the SOE Austin studio was visited by the Syndicate Guild. I gave them a shorter version of the Fan Faire Panel “The Next Big System” and demoed Chronicles. I created and ran a quest called “Amuse the Syndicate” which required the player to destroy a massive number of bugs in order to amuse the guild. Upon completion you received a congratulations comm message from the big man himself, Jabba the Hutt. I think the guild was amused.

Here’s a photo of me demonstrating Chronicles to the Syndicate in our studio theater.

Producer’s Note – September 2009 Room_th

Uh well actually that’s not me. It’s Chris Cao our Studio Creative Director and, um, that’s not SWG it’s DC Universe Online. Oops. Next time someone needs to take a picture of the T. The event was really a lot of fun. We’re looking forward to doing similar events in the future.

Hang in there. Chronicles will be coming soon to a Test Center near you!

Producer’s Note – September 2009 Chron_th

Update 14 – Death Troopers

Ok yeah I got a screen. I was able to run in and grab a shot. I almost didn’t get out of there. Man there is some horrific stuff going on. Good thing it’s walled off … right? …

Producer’s Note – September 2009 Trooper2_th

Producer’s Note – September 2009 Trooper_th

Update 15 – Galactic Civil War

We are working on establishing the static GCW regions. These will be strategic planetary regions. Each faction will compete to control these regions in order to gain its benefits and shift the war into their favor. This is a mock-up done in an image editor to give you an idea of some of the potential regions on Tatooine.

Producer’s Note – September 2009 Gcw_th

- Teesquared

*Apparently the BB code does not support BMP image files
Q'in
Q'in
Admin
Admin

Main character info
Profession: Commando
CL: 90
Pilot: Rebel Ace Pilot

https://www.facebook.com/people/Torben_Herold/1623902450